- HealthyHey Sports Micellar Casein is an in-between meal and night time protein which reduces muscle breakdown during inactivity period.
- Get 25g Protein in 30g Serving Size.
- Added Digestive Enzyme for better absorption of protein.
- Mix one scoop (35g) of powder in 300-350ml of powder for best results.
- Micellar Casein is a slow digesting protein, which gives a sustained release of amino acids for upto 7 hours.
Ingredients:Micellar Casein Protein Powder
Directions:Store in a cool and dry place.If pregnant or under medication, consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reaction occurs.
Casein is the most abundant protein in cow’s milk, accounting for almost 80%. It consists of a very rich pool of amino acids, nearly identical to whey protein which is a byproduct of cheese. The amino acids within casein are high in essential amino, responsible for muscle protein synthesis, or MPS. Casein is comparatively insoluble, forming clots within the stomach during digestion. Additionally, it tends to form structures called micelles that continue to increase solubility in water. This slows down the rate of gastric emptying, affecting the rate at which the amino acids are absorbed into the bloodstream. In simple terms, casein takes longer to digest in the stomach and slows down the amount of amino acids being released into the small intestine where it is absorbed. This causes a steady flow of amino acids into the bloodstream for hours, which is why bodybuilders use casein for the muscle to recover after workouts. And so, it is often taken during bedtime for muscle repair and recovery. Micellar casein is the type of casein that is not likely to denature, taking longer to the breakdown in the intestinal tracts.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
People who bought this product, also bought